- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
POSITION SUMMARY: To receive all patients in a kind and caring manner and to ensure that patient charts are prepared for each day.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Make eye contact with and greet all patients in a kind, enthusiastic, and helpful manner. Ask patients to sign in upon arrival and obtain any information as required. Advise patients of any delay and the time involved. *
2. Maintain communication with the clinical area to maintain appropriate patient flow and to update waiting patients.
3. Copy/scan and verify patients' insurance cards. Check patients' medical record against the presented insurance care for accuracy. Verify current signature on file and obtain updated signature as needed. *
4. Confirm with patient regarding the need for a referral. Have patient contact their PCP if referral has not arrived. *
5. Print and distribute daily patient list as end of day and an updated list each morning. *
6. Place completed chart in appropriate file for patient visit. *
7. Organize new patient charts the morning prior to visit.
8. Schedule appointments and medical tests as needed. *
9. Stamp fee ticket for "No Shows" and send to physician for review.
10. Obtain patient charts daily from Medical Records. *
11. Obtain patient encounter form, collect any co-payment and guarantor balance due and schedule next needed appointment. Thank patient for choosing UOI and ask "Is there anything else I can do for you?*
12. Schedule appropriate X-ray studies.
13. Review any laboratory work that needs to be done prior to any X-ray and schedule accordingly.
14. Answer all incoming calls in a prompt and courteous manner transfer calls as needed. Adhere to UOI telephone etiquette standards.*
15. Check reschedule queue daily and reschedule patients accordingly for appointments within 1 month or sooner. *
16. Enter new patient demographics as needed. Verify existing patients' demographics in the computer and make changes or additions as needed *
17. Notify clinical area of any patient call informing the practice of a delay in their arrival. *
18. Rotate late days with the front office staff to assist physician and patient. *
19. Assist with new patient chart completion as needed. *
20. Provide relief for various positions as needed. *
21. Schedule office procedures in the absence of procedure scheduler and provide patient instructions. *
22. Help cover other offices when needed. Other duties as assigned.
*Denotes essential functions.
Education: High School Graduate or GED equivalent
Organizational skills training preferred
Computer courses preferred
Organizational Skills Training preferred
Experience: 2 years previous experience in medical office setting preferred
2-3 years experience working in a business office
Previous experience with multi-phone lines
REPORTS TO: Team Leader