- Greenwood, IN, USA
- Full Time
This position is full time but splits the week between two sites (Greenwood and Danville)
POSITION SUMMARY: To maintain a clinical environment that is clean, efficient, and compliant with all standards of care; assisting physicians in the delivery of quality care in a professional and courteous manner.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Open all examination rooms upon arrival to office. This includes the following.*
A. Checking and restocking supplies.
B. Preparing all equipment for the day.
C. Checking all trash containers for proper bagging.
D. Checking schedule for any additional needs.
2. Check the assignment schedule and review physician patient list for any special needs, the evening prior and upon arrival to the office.*
3. Walk up to patient in the waiting room, make eye contact and ask patient (by using his/ her name) to come to exam room. Escort patient to the examination rooms, utilize "Sit to Talk and Touch to Leave" to obtain and document the following:*
A. "Chief Complaint"
B. Up date the medical record
C. Vital signs as needed
D. Up date the medication sheet
E. Preparation of patient for specific appointment type
F. Urine specimen and/or blood work as necessary
G. Allergy notation indicated or updated
4. Maintain appropriate number of patients in examination rooms at all times for the Physician.*
5. Review patient's medical record prior to admitting patient into the exam area. Check the medical record for the inclusion of the following:*
A. Current laboratory results
B. Current X-ray reports
C. Any and all other current reports
D. Correct address and telephone number
6. Draw blood work as ordered by the physician.*
7. Process blood work for delivery to the laboratory.*
8. Perform urinalysis as directed by physician.*
9. Perform procedures as assigned.*
10. Maintain communication with the patient during their stay in the exam room, keeping them informed of the physician's schedule. At the end of patient's visit, ask if there is anything else I can do?*
11. Clean equipment in accordance with the designed procedure.*
12. Clean room after each patient use and restock as necessary.*
13. Clean patient exam rooms at the end of the day, clean all equipment and prepare for the next day, clean and restock clinical work stations and laboratory.*
14. Assists Medical Records with filing as directed by Team Leader.*
15. Maintain patient safety and confidentiality at all times.*
16. Maintain communication with front desk regarding physician schedule.*
17. Other duties as assigned.
18. Attend required annual training for OSHA and CPR training.
*Denotes essential functions.
Education: High School Graduate/GED
Medical Assistant Certification preferred.
Experience: 1-2 years previous clinical experience
REPORTS TO: Team Lead